The Tinyhawk II Race by EMAX is an outdoor racing drone based on the Tinyhawk II platform. Besides being a beginner-friendly, fun and micro-sized drone, EMAX's Tinyhawk II Race is a more performance-oriented outdoor 2S quadcopter. If you are familiar with our Tinyhawk Freestyle this is a similar product that utilizes two Tinyhawk 450mAh 1S lipo but focuses on raw speed and control like a larger FPV racing drone.
- Standard on the Tinyhawk II platform is the Runcam Nano 2 which brings a whole new clarity to the drone. Being able to see your surroundings is key to flying consistent and finding your flight path.
- Also on all new Tinyhawk II products is a new and improved VTX (video transmitter). Now with improved 25mw transmission, 100mw, and 200mw, people can now fly further than ever with more confidence.
- Brand new frame design, featuring a fully adjustable camera tilt. Now you can go from zero to the full tilt and everything in between. All you have to do is adjust with the 2 side camera mount screws.
- Featuring 1103 7500kv motors with the 2-inch AVAN Blur propellers, we are able to get maximum throttle response while still retaining flight time. The Tinyhawk II Race has a top speed of 50mph and a cruising flight time of up to 7 minutes.
- Utilizes a Carbon Fiber frame for minimum vibration and strength while using a re-structured plastic canopy for aerodynamics and protection for the electronics.
- Wheelbase: 90mm
- Dry Weight: 47.5g
- All Up Weight: 73g with 2x 450mAh 1S battery
- Frame Material: Polypropylene & Carbon Fiber
- Stator Size: 1103
- Kv: 7500kv
- Propeller Mount: T-mount
- Propeller: Avan Blur 2"/span>
- All-In-One (AIO) Flight Controller
- F4 (MATEKF411RX Firmware)
- ESC: 4-in-1 5A BlHeli_S
- Receiver: EMAX SPI Receiver (Compatible with FrSky D8 mode)
- Battery Connector: JST-PH2.0 Duo
- FPV System
- Power: 25/100/200mw Switchable (set to stay at 25mW until armed)
- Channels: 37CH incl. Raceband
- Camera: RunCam Nano 2 1/3" 700TVL CMOS
- Smart Audio Connected
- 1x EMAX Tinyhawk II Race Micro Brushless FPV Drone W/ RunCam Nano 2 Frsky Compatable)
- 2 x EMAX 450mAh 1S HV Battery
- 1 x 1S USB LiPo Charger
- 1 x Screwdriver + Hardware Kit
FPV REGULATORY NOTICE:
The use and operation of this type of product in many countries may require a license and some countries may forbid its use entirely. It is your responsibility to ensure that the use of this product meets the requirements imposed by your government's rules and regulations for RF devices. Do not purchase this product if you are unsure of the government requirements or are not able to comply with them. Custom Quads cannot be held responsible for your actions if you purchase and/or use this product in violation of your government's regulations. By agreeing to our terms and conditions during the check-out process, you also agree to have read and to understand this notice.
- Batteries should NEVER be left unattended while charging.
- Be absolutely sure that the Lithium Polymer charger settings are correct for the battery pack being charged – both voltage and current settings.
- Lithium Polymer must be CHARGED and STORED in a fire-safe container like a Lipo Sack.
- Do not charge batteries near flammable items or liquids.
- Keep a dry fire extinguisher nearby or a large bucket of dry sand, which is a cheap and effective extinguisher.
- Never charge inside an automobile even when parked.
- KEEP BATTERIES AWAY from children and pets at ALL times.
- Never discharge below 3.5V per cell as it may cause permanent damage and void warranty
- Battery may explode if damaged or disposed of in fire
- Never leave batteries inside a car on a hot day or any other place where temperature may exceed 140F / 60C.
- Although environmentally friendly, lithium polymer cells must be FULLY discharged before disposal. Use a resistor setup (light bulbs, for example) to accomplish this, to avoid the possibility of a short-induced fire after disposal.
- Immediately discharge damaged batteries at 1/2 C rate and dispose
- Do not put the loose cells in a pocket, bag, or drawer where they could short-circuit against other items, or the battery tabs could be pressed against each other.
- Take care that the cells are not punctured, especially by metallic objects like hobby knives.
- If the electrolyte in the cells should get on your skin, thoroughly wash with soap and water. If in the eyes, rinse thoroughly with cool water. Immediately seek medical attention for this, or for burns.
Flying this toothpick is very enjoyable but the VTX has issues in terms of video quality (on mine and another person’s).
I would highly recommend replacing the power connector with an XT30 as it adds an additional minute of flight time and allows you to use normal 2S packs.
Some of the default betaflight settings may have changed (like taking the minimum throttle from 8% to 5%)
So far i am very impressed with this cute little quad!