The next generation of BeeBrain controllers is here! A new board featuring an F4 CPU, 1-25mw VTX, DSM compatible Receiver, Active-Braking, all on one board! Simply plug in a camera and fly.
The BeeBrain Lite is the next generation of the BeeBrain Flight Controller from NewBeeDrone. Featuring an F4 CPU for handling the latest filtering and PID tuning to provide hyper-smooth flight characteristics.
No longer will you have to add the weight of a second stack like the previous generation BeeBrain V2, or add on an aftermarket board. An adjustable 1mw to 25mw VTX is built into the FC board with fully customizable BetaFlight OSD to give you all of your flight statistics.
FULL RANGE RX DIVERSITY
Not only is the BeeBrain Lite powered by a full range built-in receiver, it also takes advantage of diversity technology by using an external antenna and a built-in PCB antenna to give you incredible signal performance when flying around the noisiest environments.
NewBeeDrone BRUSHED ACTIVE BRAKING
A first in this size class of brushed drones, the BeeBrain Lite features active motor braking through the unique design of our patented brushed motor active-braking system. This gives you an even closer feeling to larger-sized brushless quads when performing freestyle moves or fast racing courses. No other flight controller will make your brushed motors feel this good.
We looked at current micro-sized brushless motors as an alternative but due to the size, most didn't use bearings which provide a less than smooth flight experience. Additionally, for the added cost, weight, wear issues, and battery usage, we felt creating our own braking system with our current system seemed better.
NewBeeDrone OSD TECHNOLOGY
We spent a year developing the smallest and most efficient OSD solution in flight control.
By simulating the OSD chip with MCU technology, our brand-new MCU chip is fully compatible with BetaFlight OSD, uses 75% less power, and takes up 75% less space than the current OSD chip in the market. This allows BeeBrain Lite to pack all the extra features without making any compromises and flies better than anything else in the market.
Thanks to the unique design and engineering, the BeeBrain Lite is able to fit all of its components on one board. The Lite comes in around 1.7g lighter than the previous BeeBrain V2 Flight Controller stack - almost 2g lighter without sacrificing any features and providing better processing power. This leads to a better center of gravity in the aircraft with the weight being lower and better battery life with less weight.
FUNCTIONAL RGB LED
Forget about added extra weight and messy wiring just to be stuck with one type of LED effect. The bottom of the Lite board features two super-bright RGB LEDs that are fully compatible and configurable in the BetaFlight GUI. Change the color with up to 12 different colors, multiple effects from blinking, scanning, battery status, and more! Perfect for standing out in races from other pilots, making cool effects for POV flying/spectators, or just finding your quad after a crash in dark places.
ONLY use the firmware provided here on the product page and not from the Betaflight drop-down menu, our firmware is custom made to work with our FC, using unofficial firmware may cause bugs
- Compatible with DSM (2 and X) (with PA/LNA FULL RANGE) all Diversity
- One onboard Antenna (Indoor range) one external Antenna, Optional solder pad for regular 2.4G antenna.
- STM32F411 Processor
- MPU6500 Gyro/Accelerometer via SPI
- NBD Active Braking System (4 x 8A Mosfets)
- Battery Monitor
- 3 x RGB LED (Betaflight LED Strip control)
- NewBeeDrone anti-reverse JST PH-2.0 Power Lead
- NewBeeDrone OSD Chips(betaflight compatible)
- VTX configurable on OSD (40 channels, 1-25mw) US version will have some illegal channel locked
- VTX Connector Type: U.FL (3mm)
- 5V Power supply 550ma
- UART2 Solder port ready for Crossfire and other receivers
- Size: 26mm x 26mm
- Weight: 3.5g
- Power Source: 1S Lipo battery
- 600 TVL
- 120 Degree Viewing Angle
- 20 Degree Mount
- 1x NewBeeDrone BeeBrain Lite Flight Controller + Camera Set (DSM)
Notes: Receiver protocol is easy to change (DSM/FrSky.Crossfire) with the Beelink serial link or equivalent.
When plugging into betaflight to configure settings, a battery must be plugged into the flight controller at the same time to power the FC.
Please ensure you have "Barometer" enabled to avoid potential VTX issues.
FPV REGULATORY NOTICE:
The use and operation of this type of product in many countries may require a license and some countries may forbid its use entirely. It is your responsibility to ensure that the use of this product meets the requirements imposed by your government's rules and regulations for RF devices. Do not purchase this product if you are unsure of the government requirements or are not able to comply with them. Custom Quads cannot be held responsible for your actions if you purchase and/or use this product in violation of your government's regulations. By agreeing to our terms and conditions during the check-out process, you also agree to have read and to understand this notice.
- Batteries should NEVER be left unattended while charging.
- Be absolutely sure that the Lithium Polymer charger settings are correct for the battery pack being charged – both voltage and current settings.
- Lithium Polymer must be CHARGED and STORED in a fire-safe container like a Lipo Sack.
- Do not charge batteries near flammable items or liquids.
- Keep a dry fire extinguisher nearby or a large bucket of dry sand, which is a cheap and effective extinguisher.
- Never charge inside an automobile even when parked.
- KEEP BATTERIES AWAY from children and pets at ALL times.
- Never discharge below 3.5V per cell as it may cause permanent damage and void warranty
- Battery may explode if damaged or disposed of in fire
- Never leave batteries inside a car on a hot day or any other place where temperature may exceed 140F / 60C.
- Although environmentally friendly, lithium polymer cells must be FULLY discharged before disposal. Use a resistor setup (light bulbs, for example) to accomplish this, to avoid the possibility of a short-induced fire after disposal.
- Immediately discharge damaged batteries at 1/2 C rate and dispose
- Do not put the loose cells in a pocket, bag, or drawer where they could short-circuit against other items, or the battery tabs could be pressed against each other.
- Take care that the cells are not punctured, especially by metallic objects like hobby knives.
- If the electrolyte in the cells should get on your skin, thoroughly wash with soap and water. If in the eyes, rinse thoroughly with cool water. Immediately seek medical attention for this, or for burns.