The SOURCE ONE is a wide-stance X configuration frame, popular for freestyle or free-range acrobatic flying. It is built to withstand harsh crashes and abuse. It fits and protects all the classic FPV components and is optimized for light weight. The SOURCE ONE is a perfect everyday workhorse for casual FPV flying and competitive freestyle.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The SOURCE ONE project is a first of its kind collaborative FPV frame project initiated by Team BlackSheep. The frame is donated to the community to empower creators and makers, and integrate best practices and current trends faster into a continuously manufactured product. In return, it allows the local distribution network to have cheap and direct access to a good frame in order to allow them compete in an increasingly predatory marketplace.
The hope is for this frame to enable broad access to FPV thanks to a low price point, great documentation and wide availability of compatible parts and accessories, without violating other people’s intellectual property.
- Project discussion: https://discordapp.com/invite/ZJGkHwF
- Project files: https://github.com/tbs-trappy/source_one
- Interactive Manual (work in progress)
- 3D Printed files on Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/tag:sourceone
- 3D Printed Parts (STL) also avaialble on github!
- Wheelbase 5": 226mm
- Wheelbase 6": 263mm (not sold)
- Wheelbase 7": 300mm
- Top Plate: 2mm
- Bottom Plate: 3mm
- Standoff height: 30mm
- Arm thickness 5": 4mm
- Arm thickness 6": 4mm (not sold)
- Arm thickness 7": 6mm
- Stack Mounting: 30.5 × 30.5mm & 20 x 20
- Weight 5": 145.1g
- 1x Frame (Top, Bottom. Brace and 2x Camera plate, 4x Arms)
- 1x Screw & Standoff set
- 20x M3x10 allen screw
- 4x M3x14 allen screw
- 8X OD 5mm M3 30mm standoff
- 8x M3 press insert nut